Registration for the 2020 PIA Advocacy Day is now open! You can register online HERE. A schedule of events for PIA Advocacy Day can be found here. We hope you join us for this results-focused advocacy event, where PIA members from around the country travel to Washington, D.C. to represent the independent insurance agency system.
PIA Advocacy yields results. In 2019, PIA member advocacy led to legislative victories for agents on crucial matters like:
- Protecting agent commissions for those who sell policies through the federal flood insurance and crop insurance programs
- Ensuring tax relief for agency owners that has resulted in millions of dollars benefitting passthrough entities, including independent insurance agencies;
- Building support for the repeal of the Federal Insurance Office (FIO): PIA members consistently lead the industry in advocacy to repeal the FIO. Legislation to repeal the FIO has been introduced in both the House and Senate for the first time, as a direct result of the hard work done by PIA members like you in Washington, D.C.;
- The permanent repeal of the Cadillac Tax, a 40 percent excise tax on employer-sponsored health plans; and
- Passage of a long-term reauthorization of the terrorism risk insurance program (TRIA) for seven years.
None of these successes would have been possible without on-the-ground advocacy in Washington, D.C.
At this year’s Advocacy Day, PIA members will be advocating on essential topics like supporting legislation to repeal the FIO; defending against cuts to agent commissions for selling flood insurance; ensuring permanent tax relief for independent agency owners who file as passthrough entities; and protecting the crop insurance program.
While most U.S. House Members and Senators have their constituents’ interests at heart, they don’t know your business. Policymakers listen to those who show up and represent their profession.
Lead the Way at PIA Advocacy Day
Have questions about registration? Contact Roxanne Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or your state PIA affiliate. If you have questions relating to PIAPAC, contact Kristen Gwilt (email@example.com). You can also keep up to date by visiting www.PIAAdvocacyDay.com.